- Key steps in setting up a personal training business
When you first set up as a personal trainer it can be a daunting task in terms of establishing your business. But before you go out there and get started finding and working with clients there are a few simple things you should do to help the business run smoothly!
Here is my list of the top things you should do to get your business started:-
- Get qualified! If your not sure how read my previous article on becoming a personal trainer.
- Join REPs and get insured!
- Register as self employed, easy to do just ring up inland revenue!
- Set up a business bank account, this helps you to keep your finances organised.
- Decide on your niche and identify who your customers are.
- Design a product range.
- Set your price point.
- Write a marketing plan.
- Sell, upsell, and re-sell!
- Evaluate and develop!
The above steps are the same no matter what self-employed and working in a gym or as a mobile personal trainer. It would also be a useful path for those working on a split or commission basis.
Over the next few weeks I am going to look at some of these areas in more detail, part of these articles will be a set of action points. So expect a little bit of homework… believe me though it is easy to get a personal training up and going all it takes is action!
Please comment/ask questions below!